Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in Action

Hello-

I thought I'd take advantage of the last (and second) post of August to apologize for the lull in posting activity on the site and say that I am, dutifully, even if it takes me writing about sauteed zucchini and almonds, back on board.

I have to say, though, there was a reason (aside from being busy with school and work) that I didn't post much this last month. The impossible occurred- I became uninspired by food. At the end of the flurries that were my summer days, I ate the most simple concoctions, followed by a beer. Sometimes, I even skipped the concoctions. Heh.

So now I'm armed with a new kitchen and a new desire to get back into the wonders and creativity of the cooking process. Yet, to overcome this slump that I've fallen quite unexpectedly into, I'm going to need to take baby steps... starting with breakfast.

So today, instead of eating a couple bites of yogurt, then a few walnuts, followed by a piece of fruit, I tried to put the facets of my morning routine together, with a little cinnamon on top. The result was more inspiring than I expected. Along with a cup of green tea, I got a taste of the bliss that I used to come across everyday when I ate. Here's to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment